Monday 31 December 2012

"Christmastime, mistletoe and wine"

Alright, I'll admit it, I've been a terrible blogger recently. My poor blog is neglected and it's entirely my own fault: I've been indulging in a lot of Christmas, singing carols, playing board games, eating food, and being with my family. My sisters are both at school and my brother and I are at university, and even when we're all home for the holidays we're rarely all together at once. We're either working, on holiday, or seeing friends, and it generally turns out that the only time of the year that we're all together is from Christmas Eve to New Year's Day, so I like to make the most of it while I can.

I have some proper posts lined up, as soon as I get on and take the necessary pictures, but for now I'll leave you with a little gallery of pictures from my Christmas celebrations.

Banbury Christmas lights in the evening.
Barbed wire earrings as collar tips because I can.
Christmas shopping, before it got too stressful...
Possibly the most disgusting bottle of wine to have ever been made, but we drank it anyway.
My beautiful little sister at the end of Christmas day.
The sea at Budleigh in Devon. The water that had run off the land from the floods turned the sea red
Sticky bubbles are not just for children.

Why does the turkey have to look quite so unappetising before it gets cooked?
All the best mince pies are covered in glitter.



Lots of handmade wrapping paper this year.
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without smoked salmon.


Me and my mummy. And a present, which I will show you later.
Christmas lunch starter.
30 glasses for the six of us. At least I don't have to wash them up!

We played the Name Game at lunch on Christmas day. My youngest sister won for once, and my Dad took an age to guess that he was Cruella DeVille, even though through his questions he'd worked out that he was a fictional female who was evil and killed dogs. Nope, we don't know what was going on in his brain either!
Apologies for the mixed quality of the photos - my iPod has been pretty handy this Christmas since I'm missing two of the batteries for my camera.

I hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas this year. Enjoy whatever celebrations you have planned for tonight, and I'll see you in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment